Hi im just starting out and before i get into programing i wanted to learn all func, like mov , sub, fsub, dec, inc, jnz , etc, ect..... Basically everything i find tells me i need to know this stuff already. Like i want to be able to read code if i see a chunk of code like

Would be sweet if i could look at that and know exactely what its doin

Never can find a tutorial on this , so if someone has something that would help me out that would be great, thanks fellers
Posted on 2002-11-24 17:26:52 by JustMe
Hello JustMe,
First, I would like to Welcome you to this fun&crasy community. ( :grin: )
Hope your stay will enlighten your knowledge and make you laugh
at all the wierd and funny people in our little 'asylum'.

That being sayd, to learn about the instructions used in assembly
there are tons of information available on the net.

Some direct links to files/tutorials/etc. ::
http://0x86.net/x86eas.zip
Intel x86 Instructions help file. Contains all the instructions for the basic processors.

http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/AoA.html
The Art of Assembly Language Programming. Good reading material.

For more links I would look in the thread linked below (The Asm Web-Link Collection)
Now go and have some fun! :alright:
Posted on 2002-11-24 17:46:53 by natas
Your best bet is to go to win32asm.cjb.net and check out iczelions tutorials. Also at gamedev you can find some tuts on programming tetris in assembly - the first few paragraphs are about general stuff and are what I used at the beginning. Asm is so simple that you will pick it up before you know it.

Besides that, if you downloaded MASM32 from hutch's homepage you can check out instruction of interest in provided help files.

Good luck and welcome to the club :alright:
Posted on 2002-11-24 17:47:43 by Milos
JustMe,

What disassembler is that ?

Cheers,
JimmyClif
Posted on 2002-11-24 17:54:47 by JimmyClif
Thanks fellers for the links and the warm welcomes;)
Posted on 2002-11-24 17:55:34 by JustMe
Hmmm, you want to learn to read disassembled listings...... we will just hope this has nothing to do with RE and cr4cking.....

One great way to learn is to write very simple one or two function apps in C, then compile them and analyze the asm produced, much like what is happening in this thread.
Posted on 2002-11-24 18:04:38 by sluggy
Nah i aint tryin to hack nothin:grin:
Posted on 2002-11-24 18:08:08 by JustMe
Hello,

I have posted here one tutorial I found before, that helped me a lot, when I was complaining about the same thing you are... search the board for tuts or something and also my nick, you may be able to find it... ;) ... it is good and very direct.

If you dont find it at all, send me message or email, and I give to you.

Welcome to the madness! "Wack" out! :-D
Posted on 2002-11-24 18:14:25 by wicr0s0ft

Nah i aint tryin to hack nothin:grin:

/me puts "JustMe" on his "To Watch" list :grin:
Posted on 2002-11-25 00:51:33 by bazik
JustMe,

Here is a the Assembler Tutorials of Adam

Regards,

Vortex
Posted on 2002-11-25 03:02:34 by Vortex
thx:grin:
Posted on 2002-11-25 12:02:17 by JustMe
Posted on 2002-11-25 12:05:33 by JCP
I'm really likeing these Assembler Tutorials of Adam, they really explain everything very easily. Thanks learning a lot from them;)
Posted on 2002-11-25 12:47:41 by JustMe